Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Greetings 2010


CHRISTMAS GREETINGS ~ 2010

HIGHLIGHTS

In an attempt to be a good steward of the earth's material resources and of my financial resources, I am again sending my Christmas greetings electronically to many of my friends.  And of course, those who know me well realize that the "Gadget Gertie" in me finds this very comfortable to do.   But I still try to 'address' messages personally so that you know that you are in my thoughts as we well as my address book.

Once again, the highlights of my year revolve around my travels and my family ~ with the two aspects often combined:

  I spent winter months in Virginia with my daughter Helen.  During that time, I flew to Arizona to visit Dave and Bev and my two youngest grandchildren while they were spending a month there in a house they rented southeast of Phoenix.  This time also gave me a chance to see Ted's mother Dorothy and sister Elaine.

  The whole family was in Virginia in June to celebrate my granddaughter Riane`s graduation from the University of Delaware.  Helen & I then flew from Virginia to sail out of Seattle on an Alaska cruise.  We traveled with four other women, after which I visited Dave & Bev in Seattle.  The family was together again in September when we celebrated Beth`s birthday in Michigan and will be together at Christmas at Steve & Ginger`s. 

  Kent flew in from Philadelphia for each occasion including the 4th of July weekend while I was in Seattle.

Special times !! 

THE LIGHTS of CHRISTMAS

I photographed the traditional scene above of small-town Americana in Chagrin Falls, Ohio ~~ the holiday lights serving as a reminder that "God will light my candle; the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness" (Psalm 18:28)  and that the true meaning of Christmas is that the Messiah came into the world to "be my Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob & to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give You as a Light to the Gentiles, that You may be my Salvation to the world” (Isaiah 49:6).

MY PRAYER FOR YOU

May your Christmas and coming year be centered in & blessed by the Lord.  Even when the Christmas  candles burn down and the colorful lights are turned off, "May the light of the Lord's face be shining on you" (Numbers 6:25)
.

                                                                                                                              Mitzi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts . . .